Thursday, February 16, 2012

Grouping Challenge


Before
After

This challenge asked to create a poster centered around a word that describes "you."  To be honest, it was probably my least favorite activity-it was not easy at all.  The visuals and words throughout the poster should represent the word that you are trying to convey.  The word that I chose was not as easy as I thought; its such a simple characteristic but difficult to visually represent.  There are not many clues but if you analyze the colors, words, and pictures you may be able to guess the word that I chose...?
Part of our task was to create a poster off of grouping.  When objects are grouped, connections are made between elements.  I tried to group the text together-making all of the font the same color and style.  There is also a sense of grouping among the colors throughout the poster.  Soft, calming tones of blue and green are used.  Adding a soft edge around the "keep calm and carry on" also conveyed the message of calm.  
After we presented our posters in class, I decided to change a few things around based on suggestions that I received.  I made each picture a little less transparent and split the background between two images instead of one.  One of the suggestions that I really liked was to make the words look like they are going with the shape of the palm tree.  I thought that added a nice touch and made it unique.  I stayed with the same color scheme but made the yellows a bit softer.  Overall, I like my second poster a lot better than the first even though only a few changes were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment