Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"About Me" Poster


This activity involved creating a poster that represented "you" using Photoshop.  I am personally not the best when it comes to creating things in Photoshop.  I have some basic knowledge, but I would love to acquire more.  To start my poster, I began with the image of Long Island.  I used the selection tool to choose the parts of the picture that I wanted.  Originally, there was water surrounding the island, but I decided to only use the land part.  I also added a bit of softness to the edges by using the feathering tool.  After playing around with the "island" I decided to make that the focal point of my poster and add smaller images around it.  Because Long Island is my home, it does make up a huge part of who I am.  I decided to include the image of the state of Virginia because it has been a second home to me for the past three years.  Obviously an icon representing JMU was necessary!  The next image, the beach, is a big part of me too.  I work at the beach and live very close to it so it plays a big role in my life.  Lastly, the "I Love NY" sign, speaks for itself!  I included my name by using the text tool on Photoshop.  This poster was created with very basic skills of Photoshop.  I would have liked to included a few more details or experiment with different tools, but overall, the poster definitely represents who I am.   


No comments:

Post a Comment