Thursday, January 19, 2012

Principles of Visual Design

Before

After

Visual Design 1: This design entailed grouping, coloring, and rotating shapes into our own creative graphic.  At first, all of the shapes were randomly scattered and set at a basic color (green).  I added the "glow" effect to each shape to give them a bit more dimension and changed the colors to be more appealing.  I feel like these colors "pop" when you look at the shapes.  When rotating the objects, I was not sure what direction would look best for each shape so I decided to play around with it and eventually come up with the design above.  I believe that the end result is an interesting, unique design.   

Before


After

Visual Design 2: This design entailed making a poster.  We were given a basic outline (seen above "before").  The only object that we were given was the watering can, everything else we had to name ourselves.  I chose a simple title "Garden Sale" to go with the picture.  Making the font bold allowed for an eye-popping title. I decided to keep the color scheme simple, black and white.  I did not want there to be too much going on on the poster.  The location and website are also clearly indicated on the poster.  By simply rearranging the picture, lines, and words, a balanced, appealing poster was created.  

No comments:

Post a Comment